Interested in exploring off-the-shelf immersive media tools? Check out this fun starter kit, featuring an overview of introductory level technology for 360 video, VR content creation, and real time 3D capture!
- MSI GF65 Laptop
- Intel RealSense D435
- Acer C200 Pico Projector
- Ricoh THETA V 360 Camera
Smatree Selfie Stick
ULANZI Mini Tripod
Logitech B100 Mouse
Anker USB C Hub
10' USB-C Cable
6' USB Micro Cable
6' HDMI Cable
- Epic Unreal
- Realsense Viewer
- Scatter DepthKit
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- ReCap Pro
- Substance Designer
- Fusion 360
MSI 15.6" GF65 Thin Gaming Laptop
15.6” 1920 x 1080 120Hz Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti
Intel Core i7-9750H GTX1660Ti 16GB
512GB NVMe SSD
6 GB Ram Size
5 GHz Radio Frequency
4 USB 3.0 Ports
Featuring an MSI gaming laptop with a powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti, this VR ready laptop is designed for gaming, game development, motion graphics and animation. The portable and versatile laptop ships with a fresh install of Windows 10 + a suite of software tools for immersive media development.
Intel RealSense Depth Camera D435
Maximum video resolution: 1920 x 1080
Maximum frame rate: 30 FPS
Host interface: USB 3.0. Maximum Range - Approx. 10 meters.
A contemporary version of the Kinect, this depth camera has novel applications across a variety of professions.
Maximum Brightness of 200 Lumens
FWVGA 854 x 480 Native Resolution
UXGA 1600 x 1200 Maximum Resolution
2000:1 Contrast Ratio
20,000-Hour LED Life
Up to 4 Hours Battery Life
The kit also includes a Pico Project, for use in ideation, creative development or just as an external display! Connect the Pico easily to the HDMI out in order to
Ricoh THETA V 360 4K Spherical VR Camera
The super portable and super powerful Ricoh THETA is great for experiments in VR video and 360 streaming content!
- Theta V shoots hi-def smooth 360 Degree video at 30 fps @ 3840 x 1920 pixels or 4K. It supports the H.264 file format for video recording
- Hi-res 360 Degree spherical stills & video with improvements to the image quality.
- New Qualcomm Snapdragon processor has completely enhanced the exposure accuracy and white balance algorithm.
- Theta has a 4-channel microphone that supports 360 Degree spatial audio recording
- Built in Omnidirectional audio is recorded not just in the horizontal direction but also in the vertical direction
- The world’s-first Remote Playback capable fully spherical camera allows users to wirelessly playback 360 Degree images and videos on a large-screen display
- Wireless LAN transfer speed (WLAN, MAX): 2.4GHz, 3mm: 20Mbps; 2.4GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps; 5GHz, 3mm: 50Mbps; 5GHz, 10mm: 10Mbps.
- The camera can always be connected to a smartphone using Bluetooth low energy (BLE)
StudioLab has 3 Immersive Media Kits that we lend out in waves. We welcome you to collaborate and share your experiences with the other students in your checkout wave.
Winter - 8 Weeks
- Ship: Monday, November 30
- Return: Friday, January 22
Spring I - 4 Weeks
- Ship: Friday, February 12
- Return: Friday, March 19
Spring II - 4 Weeks
- Ship: Friday, March 26
- Return: Friday, May 7
Share Your Work with Us
The Immersive Media Kit is a new and exciting initiative from StudioLab. Your feedback is immensely helpful to us in forming a better understanding of how students use the Immersive Media Kit.
We ask that if you make something neat, please share your project with us. When you return your kit, please provide email@example.com photo, video or written documentation of your work. We may use the media you send us on our website or in other promotional materials, unless you indicate that you do not wish for it to be shared.