Rethinking Mass Incarceration
The goal was to challenge participants to think critically about mass incarceration, to learn, research and design methodologies to assist them in addressing the issues, long-term implications and solutions and create works that challenge our perception of mass incarceration. We partnered with Mass Story Lab (link is external), a participatory storytelling project whose workshops include the stories of people directly impacted by mass incarceration. They become the transformative lens through which communities imagine a world beyond prisons.
- Conduct in depth research that challenges a set of assumptions
- Rapid prototyping in order to ideate and receive feedback faster
- Design thinking workshops that expand upon your research
- 101 technology trainings (learning the 3D printer, MoCap, etc.) that inspire creative solutions
- Opportunities to use StudioLab tools & space
- Gain training, mentorship & experience
- SPEAR (link is external) conference collaboration
- Mass Story Lab (link is external)
- PACE (link is external)
- Eldar Shafir (link is external)
- SPEAR (link is external)
- Ruha Benjamin (link is external)
- Anne Laure Fayard (link is external)
- Movie: “13th”. Click for the trailer...