Master of Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 2017
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech, 2007
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, Emory University, 2004
Some of Michael's responsibilities for the Council include:
- Staff weekly open evening hours in the StudioLab. Help walk-in students make anything they can imagine.
- Technical subject-matter expert on StudioLab rapid prototyping tools.
- Weekly training on the 3D printer and lasercutter. As-needed training on other tools, including the CNC milling machine and vinyl/fabric/paper cutter.
- Author training manuals for each StudioLab rapid prototyping tool.
- As-needed training in 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and mechanical design.
- Regular maintenance on rapid prototyping tools.
- Resupply consumables for rapid prototyping tools and the workshop in general.
- Install and maintain design software on StudioLab PCs.
- Plan and implement additions and upgrades to the StudioLab’s suite of tools and design software.
- Host and support regular StudioLab programming and events.
- Serve as liaison and student escort to other on-campus machine shops, to enable students to perform heavier-duty fabrication operations that cannot be performed in the StudioLab.