FIELD OF STUDY: Epidemiology
AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS OF WORK:
- Princeton University,BA in Molecular Biology
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Master of Science in Epidemiology
- University of Washington, MD
- Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital resident in Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University, post-doctoral fellow in Infectious Diseases
- New York University, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
ACTIVE RESEARCH ERA: 21st century
RELATED PRINCETON COURSES:
Background, early life, and outside interests:
Dr. Gounder combines her work in medicine and epidemiology with her interest in journalism. She founded Just Human Productions, a public health and social justice media non-profit that creates podcasts and other forms of media. Just Human Productions was recently made part of Kaiser Health News.
Dr. Céline Gounder is most known for her work fighting Ebola and COVID-19, as well as for her journalism relating to both of these public health crises and her time serving on President Biden's COVID-19 Transition Task Force.
NOMINATED BY: Julie Levey