The Living at the Intersection Symposium (LIS) 2020 will examine the topic of “Truth and Evidence” at the intersection of STEM and the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Opening Reception - Thursday, October 29, 2020
6:00pm - Reception and Showcase of student and faculty projects
All Day Program - Friday, October 30, 2020
- Keynote Speaker - Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Dan Fagin
- A series of panels of leading experts will examine key questions:
- What constitutes data and evidence in various fields?
- How are data and evidence communicated and interpreted (and misinterpreted)?
- How can we teach data literacy?
- What can we learn from the anti-vaccination controversy?
- Musical performances