Truth and Evidence
The Living at the Intersection Symposium (LIS) 2020 will examine the topic of “Truth and Evidence” at the intersection of STEM and the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
On Friday, October 30th, a series of panels and presenters will highlight experts in their fields as they examine key questions such as,
- What is data and how is it collected and communicated in different disciplines?
- What constitutes an evidence-based claim in various fields?
- How are data and evidence interpreted/misinterpreted/understood/misunderstood?
- How do we overcome these difficulties?
- Our keynote speaker will be Dan Fagin, Pulitzer Prize winning author of the book, Toms River: A Story of Science and Salvation.