Rethinking Mass Incarceration
The goal is to challenge participants to think critically about mass incarceration, to learn, research and design methodologies to assist them in addressing the issues, long-term implications and solutions and create works that challenge our perception of mass incarceration. We will be partnering with Mass Story Lab, a participatory storytelling project whose workshops include the stories of people directly impacted by mass incarceration. They become the transformative lens through which communities imagine a world beyond prisons.
- Conduct in depth research that challenges a set of assumptions
- Rapid prototyping in order to ideate and receive feedback faster
- Design thinking workshops that expand upon your research
- 101 technology trainings (learning the 3D printer, MoCap, etc.) that inspire creative solutions
- Opportunities to use StudioLab tools & space
- Gain training, mentorship & experience
- SPEAR conference collaboration (April 14-15th, 2017)
- Movie: “13th”. Click for the trailer...